Fulfill your life's purpose at Brahmananda Ashram / Yoga Society of San Francisco. Live with ease, love and joy in the world. Activate your highest potential and share your love of Yoga with all as a Yoga Teacher.
Join us for 7 (seven) weekend-long intensives to learn to teach the 8-limbs (Ashtanga) as handed to us through our Guru - Shri Brahmananda Sarasvati, Ramamurti S. Mishra, M.D. and our lineage of enlightened Yoga Masters from Patanjali, Adi Shankaracharya to the Rishis who gave us the Vedas.
Expect to be steeped in the ancient and timeless practices in the modern world as our ashram is in the Mission district of San Francisco. Step into a portal of peace at Brahmananda Ashram - where you are reminded of your true Nature as Ānanda: bliss.
- Learn how to lead and practice Vedic Fire Ceremony / Agni Hotra and the mystical and practical meanings of all the mantras
- We teach you how to relax under the pressures of everyday life and how to help others do the same
- Learn Yoga directly from Sanskrit texts and translate these teachings in your words so that you may better communicate with your students
- Step into a Journey of I-AM: the ultimate aim of yoga is to ensure that you become who you truly are: a center of moksha, a liberated being
- We provide you proven and powerful templates of Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga sequences that you can use to teach classes suitable for beginners to more athletic practitioners
- You will establish a daily sadhana: a spiritual practice of Yoga that will guide your choices to ensure that you are driven by your Soul and not by the pressures of daily living
- Registered with Yoga Alliance as a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program
- Your Main Teachers are: Sumukhi Devi, Director; Mahendra Briksha Agarwal, Director; Marcelo Carvalho, Kiranavali and guest teacher, Danae.
Fridays (6 pm - 9 pm), Saturdays (8 am - 8 pm), Sundays (8 am - 6 pm)
- Jan 19– Jan 21, 2018
- Feb 16 - 18, 2018
- March 16 - 18, 2018
- April 13 - 15, 2018
- May 11 - 13, 2018
- June 15 - 17, 2018
- July 28 - 29, 2018
We have several Tuition Options:
– $2500, if paid by Jan, 5th, After Jan 5th, $2800
– Payment Plan – 8 monthly payments of $400 a month, automatically debited from your account – $3200
You are also invited to stay at the Ashram for the duration of the trainings. Living and practicing in the ashram setting is one of the most profound ways to merge the spiritual practices of yoga into your daily life. Investment: 1 month –$1000.00 for single room, $900 for shared room or dorm (Single room not always available or guaranteed). Ashram residents are expected to share the responsibilities of keeping the ashram clean, quiet, peaceful and to serve guests and one another with love and compassion.
Opportunities for work exchange and scholarships available. Please contact us @ 415.285.5537 to learn more.
To apply for the Yoga Teacher Training program, please fill out the following form with the subject 2018 Yoga Teacher Training:
- Essay detailing why you would like to teach yoga, how long you have been practicing yoga and meditation; who your main yoga teachers are; and whether or not you would like to apply for work exchange, residency at the ashram or a scholarship.
- Please detail medical history that may affect your yoga practices. We maintain and respect all privacy and honor all limitations.